Welcome to the Parent Teacher Association page of Wistaston Academy Trust’s website. We hope that this will give you an idea of what our PTA is and does and will encourage you to think about putting yourself forward as a PTA member or helper.
What is the PTA?
Wistaston Academy PTA runs mainly as a fund-raising organisation and supports the school in a number of practical ways.
It is made up of a group of parents and staff who work together to organise and run a number of events throughout the year. The choice of events depends on the ideas and skills of the current PTA committee members.
A list of charity fundraising events that typically takes place throughout the year are detailed below:
- School fairs
- Bingo (fortnightly)
- Three discos each year
New ideas are always welcome from both PTA and non-PTA members. All the events are designed to bring a community feel to Wistaston Academy and for children and/or parents to have an enjoyable time while raising money to improve the facilities for the children.
All parents are eligible to become members of the PTA and there are many ways in which you can support it. Involvement is very flexible depending on time, skills and other commitments
- Come to events such as the discos and spend an hour serving drinks to the children, tea for new parents or a half hour stint on your class stall at the Christmas fair
- Use your business links to acquire prizes for raffles at some of the events held
- Use your experience to suggest and/or run an event in aid of the PTA
- Bake and donate cakes that can then be sold at school disco
- Many of our large events, such as the Christmas Fair, cannot run without the support of staff and parents. Whatever support you are able to give would be very much appreciated.
Please contact the school office to find out more.